Wednesday, May 20, 2009

National Health Insurance Application

After nearly 10 days of agonizing, I finally got my Health Insurance IC card - I can see a doctor without paying full price now. Here are the stuff I went through:

- Arriving Taiwan at 10:00 pm 5/8/2009
- Went to Neihu District Administration office to submit health insurance addition application. It on;y took 2 minutes wait for bus(630) and 5 minutes ride to get to Neihu administration building, was called right after I got the number. getting a copy of the household registration paper took a while but the process completed in 10 minute, but they said because they are in "停檔" period from 5/12 to 5/20, my information won't be entered into the system until the 20th, meaning I am not officially qualified to see a doctor under the National Health Insurance policy - I need to personally go to the Health Insurance Bureau on the 20th to get the IC card to be qualified,.. sigh.....
- Called the Administration office to confirm that the Health Insurance Bureau have my information. Took the 630 bus and got off at 仁愛中山路口 and walked 10 minutes to National Health Insurance Bureau Taipei office, took only 2 minutes to process the application, but took 15 minutes to get the IC card - but it is well worth the waiting - time was 10:30 am. Walked to 228 Memorial Park, found out that the National Taiwan Museum is open free to the public the whole month of May, on exhibition were "Deep Sea Wonders", "Native Taiwainese tribes", and a few regulars. Spent one and half hour there - could have been loger but the air conditioning was too cold for me, had to get out before I cought a cold. Walked around the blocks for a while and had lunch at Burger Kings - Warper meal as usual, cost NT $139. Browsed at "天龍 bookstore" but didn't buy anything. Took MRT at "臺大醫院站" and got off at "圓山站", took Bus 21 instead of Bus Red 2 to come back - 21 appeared to be faster probably due to fewer customers - the driver had to asked me where I was getting off because I was the only person left after driving into Neihu.

No comments: